Icom has designed their F14 radio in a way that you can customize your own to fit your expectations. The F14 radio has two option buttons located on the right side above and below the push to talk button. The following functions can be designed to the upper and lower programmable function keys.
Scan A Key:
- Push to start and cancel scanning operation
- When the power ON scan function is turned ON, push to pause the scanning operation. The paused scan restarts after the specified time period has passed.
- Push to start and cancel scanning operation. In case of transmission during scan, pauses scanning. The paused scan restarts after the specified time period has passed.
Priority Channel Keys:
- Push to select the Priority A or Priority B channel.
- Push and hold to rewrite the prio A channel.
MR-CH 1/2/3/4 Keys:
- Push to select memory channels 1 to 4 directly.
Output Power Selection Key:
- Select the transmit output power temporarily or permanently, depending on the pre-setting.
Talk Around Key:
- Push to turn the talk around function OFF
- Push and hold to turn the talk around function ON.
- Push to select the IF bandwidth to wide.
- Push and hold to select the IF bandwidth to narrow.
- Push to emit siren. This function can be used for situations other than an emergency alert such as a security alarm for example.
If you have anymore questions related to channels or our Icom radio products you can give us a call at 888-742-5893!